Sunday, August 30, 2009

In My Mailbox (4)

IMM is a weekly meme that explores the contents of one's mailbox. IMM was started by Kristi at The Story Siren.

For Review:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
(ARC/Released October 2009 in HB/Simon & Schuster)

Nora Grey is responsible and smart and not inclined to be reckless. Her first mistake was falling for Patch. Patch has a past that could be called anything but harmless. The best thing he ever did was fall for Nora.

After getting paired with Patch in biology, all Nora wants to do is stay away from him, but he always seems to be two steps ahead of her. She can feel his eyes on her even when he is nowhere around. She feels him nearby even when she is alone in her bedroom. And when her attraction can be denied no longer, she learns the secret about who Patch is and what led him to her. Despite all the questions she has about his past, in the end, there may be only one question they can ask each other: How far are you willing to fall?

I received this from the First Look program at Barnes and Noble. I've finished it and let me tell you, I'm in love. :) I'll have a review coming soon.


Sucks to Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire (Maybe) by Kimberly Pauley
(PB/August 2009/Mirrorstone)

Why It Sucks to Be Me

1. My parents are freaks. Sure, every teenager says that. But I know for a fact that mine are bloodsucking vampire freaks.

2. As if high school wasn't bad enough, now I have to go to vampire classes with a bunch of weirdos who actually want to drink blood.

3. Then there's my complete inability to talk in complete sentences around cute boys. (Especially Nathan. He probably thinks I've got a speech impediment or something.)

4. And I can't tell my best friend Serena about any of this.

5. But the absolute worst thing is that the whole world is about to find out what happened when my parents forced me to decide whether I want to be a vampire! Please don't read this book. It's just embarrassing.

I received this book for review from ReaderViews Kids. I really enjoyed it. You can read my review here.


The Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
(ARC/Released August 2009 in HB/Little, Brown and Company)

An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-

One good...

One evil...

Who will prevail?

Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.

Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust.

They just know they can't trust each other.

I also received this from ReaderViews Kids. I'm reading this currently, and I'm enjoying it so far. It's cool that I received a book with the original cover. I believe that this was originally to be the cover, but they weren't happy with it, so they switched to the twin girl statues. A review will be coming soon for this.


From Paperback Swap:

Nancy Drew Girl Detective Box Set: #1-4 by Carolyn Keen
(PB/2004/Aladdin Paperbacks)

Let me introduce myself. I'm Nancy Drew. Some call me a girl detective. Others call me "that girl who cooked my goose." But everyone calls me sharp -- especially when it comes to crime. And since mystery and I follow each other everywhere, I'm pretty busy. Take a look inside at some of my favorite cases, and you'll see what I mean!

#1 Without a Trace

#2 A Race Against Time

#3 False Notes

#4 High Risk

In case you didn't know, I love all things Nancy Drew. I got this from Paperback Swap. I've actually read all four already, but I love them so much I wanted my own copies to reread. If you haven't checked out Paperback Swap yet, you really should. It's great for book lovers. Basically, you post books you want to get rid of, and then other people can request them from you. Once they've received the book, you get a credit that you can use to "buy" other books.

I think I've had a really great week. I got a good amount of books, plus they're all new ones that I've been wanting to read. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, McKenzie!! That IS a lot of great books! Can't wait to see you over on B&N's First Look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy Drew rocks.
    I just finished Hush Hush too. See you on the B&N boards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see you guys over there too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hush, Hush is so good! As is PoTS! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails