Saturday, September 19, 2009

In My Mailbox (7)

IMM is a weekly meme that explores the contents of one's mailbox. IMM was started by Kristi at The Story Siren.

This week one of the coolest things happened. Michelle Moran held
a treasure hunt for the the release of her new book, Cleopatra's Daughter. She posted a literary clue and a book store, and you were supposed to go to the bookstore and find the book that a special ribbon was located in, based on the clue given. Well, I was in school, so I had my mom go to the bookstore, because she works right by it. She found the ribbon and took it to the front desk, and we got a signed copy of Cleopatra's Daughter, gold Cleopatra earrings, and a 1600+ year-old Roman coin! That made my month. It was super exciting. Thanks Michelle for hosting such a great contest!

I also received Nancy Drew Girl Detective Boxed Sets 1 & 2 from Paperback Swap. Each has 8 books, so I got 16 books. Wahoo!

This week was also a great week for goodies! I got bookmarks and a signed bookplate from Michelle Moran, Hollow stickers and a postcard from Jessica Verday, and lots of stickers and bookmarks, as well as a signed bookplate from Kimberly Pauley, author of Sucks to Be Me. I sense a mini contest coming up soon. :)

9 comments:

  1. i always wanted to read more Nancy Drew books. i've only read one in middle school.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books etc. you got this week. I love Nancy Drew. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing contest!! I love that kind of thing. Congrats on getting the signed copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleopatra's daughter seems like a great book to read! Have fun reading the books you got.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy Drew! I read so much Nancy Drew in 3rd grade... awesome books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys. Enjoy your reading too! It seems like there's a ton of ND fans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The contest sounds really fun. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails