Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Teaser Tuesday (5)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading in which one grabs her current read, opens to a random page, and gives two "teaser" sentences from that page.


"This moment would be fixed in her memory forever: the moment she saw with her own eyes the creatures she had heard about all her life. They were grand and beautiful and frightening - the horses' heads shining white, their eyes burning like a blacksmith's forge. The riders, too, were like nothing she had ever seen before: ethereal men and women with pale visages, their cheekbones so sharply sculpted that she could see their skulls through translucent skin."

Page 33, Ash by Malinda Lo

Just to let you know, this book is amazing. The prose is beautiful. I'm completely enthralled.

A couple quick, important notices. First off, I'm extending the contest date to the 22nd of September. Also, keep your eyes out for a mini contest coming up soon!

One more thing. See that little "Help Me Support..." feature to the right? Please, please use that! You simply click on it, fill in a couple words or two, and you help me save the wildlife. How awesome is that? I plan on changing the cause I support every month, and at the end of the year, I'll let everyone know how much we've done to support charities that are important to me. Using the feature will only take about a minute, but you'll be helping a worthy cause. I figured that while I'm blogging, I should use my blog to do something good. Have you noticed how I'm practically begging you? :) I just want to make a difference, even if it's something small. Thanks!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails