Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wishlist Wednesday (1)

This post is inspired by Stargirlreads at Books Make Great Lovers. In Wishlist Wednesday, I'll showcase a book that may or may not be out yet that I would love to review and cannot wait to read! Here's what's on my wishlist this week:

by Susanne Dunlap

Murder and love - from the halls of Vienna's imperial family to a perilous gypsy camp

Amid the glamour of Prince Nicholas Esterhazy’s court in 18th-century Vienna, murder is afoot. Or so fifteen-year-old Theresa Maria is convinced when her musician father turns up dead on Christmas Eve, his valuable violin missing, and the only clue to his death a strange gold pendant around his neck. Then her father’s mentor, the acclaimed composer Franz Joseph Haydn, helps her through a difficult time by making her his copyist and giving her insight in to her father’s secret life. It’s there that Theresa begins to uncover a trail of blackmail and extortion, even as she discovers honor—and the possibility of a first, tentative love. Thrumming with the weeping strains of violins, as well as danger and deception, this is an engrossing tale of murder, romance, and music that readers will find hard to forget.

Mystery, historical fiction, and romance all combined into one. What more could I want? Sounds like a perfect book to me.

Besides, isn't the cover absolutely lovely? The girl is gorgeous. Let me just say, I want that dress.

5 comments:

  1. One of my friends read this a while ago and she really enjoyed it. It's definitely one I want to read too. And I totally agree about the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo classical music and Vienna? I can't wait for this review. I've always dreamed of visiting Vienna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover is gorgeous, and the musical element is cool. Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic! Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds (and looks) awesome! And, man, that dress is GORGEOUS. I definitely love me some historical romance, so I'll have to keep my eye out for this one. I haven't heard of it before, so thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails