Friday, January 1, 2010

Best Books of 2009

In this post, I will be listing the Best Books of 2009. All books are Young Adult. These books are not necessarily published in 2009, I've just read them this year. Links will take you to my review if I have reviewed them. And now, here they are!

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Features a strong and courageous female character constantly battling for her life. Yelena is an inspiring, kick-butt kind of girl. Magic Study is fast paced, with some awesome battle scenes. Yelena is able to think of escape tactics and skills that would never even occur to me. She's a role model to any girl. Plus, there's a wonderfully scandalous romance.

Forest Born by Shannon Hale
Shannon Hale weaves a new world full of magic, friendship, and love. Although part of a series, each book is wonderful as a stand alone title. A little difficult to get into at first, it's well worth the perseverance. Rin is a sturdy female model, able to deal with family, her duties, and her new abilities. If you're looking for a dose of magic, this is for you.

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Talk about a delicious male character. Patch is the epitome of bad boys. He's snarky, drop dead gorgeous, and a whole lot of rule-breaking. The books features an awesome story line, the first of its kind. This book definitely inspired all of the other angel books out there. Becca Fitzpatrick stayed on the paranormal track, but turned on a different exit. Anyone who needs something to keep them going after all of the zombies, werewolves, and vampires should check this out.

Immortal by Gillian Shields
I absolutely loved this, although it sounds like I may be the only one. It had something for everyone: history, romance, mystery, and magic. The reader is pulled in many different directions, with something new being revealed constantly. It's paranormal, but a new take. Great romance as well.

Metamorphosis: Junior Year by Betsy Franco
Love, love, love! A quick, short read, this book really hits the spot if you're looking for something edgy and unknown. Ovid tells of his high school life through narration, journal entries, drawings, and poems. He is completely honest in his emotions, and he tels not only his story, but those of the others around him. This book focuses on change and transformation and how ever is just trying to get through life. Betsy Franco is a wonderful debut author!

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
What a great start to a trilogy! Fast-paced and action packed, with new twists around every corner. Jace is a wonderful leading man, completely enticing. This novel features unbelievable action scenes! If you're looking for something to replace Harry Potter, I recommend you check this out.

A Pearl Among Princes by Coleen Murtagh Paratore
This historical fiction novel is simply wonderful. It will strike a fancy in any girl's heart. Lots of cute princes, a strong female character, and a charming setting. There's even a mystery to be uncovered along the way. Gracepearl is funny and bright, another good role model. The romance in this book is adorable, and I often wished I had one of the princes for myself. Read this for a good dose of romance and historical fiction.

5 comments:

  1. I hadn't even heard of Forest Born by Shannon Hale so I am off to Goodreads to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read some Shannon Hale! I finally do have a few of hers in my TBR (including Forest Born) so I will have to take the plunge this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to check out A Pearl Among Princes ASAP! Happy New Year! (;

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a award on my blog for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo I need to finish Immortal. I started it and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails