Saturday, February 20, 2010

In My Mailbox (27)

IMM is a weekly meme that explores the contents of one's mailbox. IMM was started by Kristi at The Story Siren. Descriptions are from Amazon and book covers.

For Review:

Blood Ninja by Nick Lake
(HC/December 2009/Simon & Schuster)

In the course of a day, Taro's entire life changes: His father is murdered before his eyes, and Taro is taken by a mysterious ninja on a perilous journey toward safety. Someone wants Taro dead, but who -- and why? With his best friend, Hiro, and their ninja guide Shusaku, Taro gets caught in the crossfire of a bitter conflict between rival lords for control of imperial Japan. As Taro trains to become a ninja himself, he's less and less sure that he wants to be one. But when his real identity is revealed, it becomes impossible for Taro to turn his back on his fate.

I received this from Simon & Schuster. I'm not really sure this is my type of read, but I'll give it a shot.


Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves
(ARC/Released January 2010/Simon Pulse)

Love can be a dangerous thing....

Hanna simply wants to be loved. With a head plagued by hallucinations, a medicine cabinet full of pills, and a closet stuffed with frilly, violet dresses, Hanna's tired of being the outcast, the weird girl, the freak. So she runs away to Portero, Texas in search of a new home.

But Portero is a stranger town than Hanna expects. As she tries to make a place for herself, she discovers dark secrets that would terrify any normal soul. Good thing for Hanna, she's far from normal. As this crazy girl meets an even crazier town, only two things are certain: Anything can happen and no one is safe.

I received this from Around The World Tours. I've heard such great things about this book!


Freaksville by Kitty Keswick
(PB/December 2009/Leap Books)

Every woman in the Maxwell family has the gift of sight. A talent sixteen year old Kasey would gladly give up. Until Kasey has a vision about Josh Johnstone, the foreign exchange student from England. The vision leads her into deep waters, a lead in a play, and into the arms of Josh. But Josh, too, has a secret. Something that could put them all in danger. To solve a mystery of a supernatural haunting, they must uncover the secrets of the haunted theater when they are trapped on the night of the full moon.

I received this for review from Around The World Tours.


Island Sting by Bonnie J. Doerr
(PB/December 2009/Leap Books)

Kenzie didn't expect her first summer in the Florida Keys to be murder. Or cute guys, awesome boats, endangered species, and gun-toting thugs... When city girl Kenzie Ryan moves to a Florida wildlife refuge, she plunges straight into an eco-mystery. Kenzie trades New York streets for Keys pollution cleanup, and now, instead of hailing cabs, she's tracking down a poacher of endangered Key deer. Her new home does have some benefits-mainly Angelo, an island native, who teams up with her to nab the culprit. But will they both survive when the killer turns from stalking deer to hunting humans? Island Sting includes notes on the endangered Florida Key Deer and the National Key Deer Refuge.

Whoo, a book with a MC named Kenzie! I've never read a book that had anyone with any version of my name. I received this from Around The World Tours.


Dream of Night by Heather Henson
(ARC/Releases May 2010/Atheneum Books for Young Readers)

An abused horse. A damaged girl. A last chance for both...

I received this for review from Simon & Schuster. This isn't my usual read, but I'll give it a shot. I really like the cover, though.


I had a good week! What about you?

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, you got lots of good stuff! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh Freaksville - I really fancy that one. Looking forward to your reviews:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, nice books. Looking forward on your review of Blood Ninja and Island Sting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the look of Blood Ninja! Hope you enjoy them all!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad BV made it to you safely! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

    Blood Ninja looks pretty cool! Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books you got this week. I just finished Bleeding Violet the other day. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Island Sting sounds unusual. Hope you enjoy it! I'm looking forward to reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool books! I really want to read Bleeding Violet. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails