Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nailed by Jennifer Laurens

Nailed by Jennifer Laurens
Publication Date/Version: November 2008/Paperback
Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing
Age Group: Young Adult
Received From: Around The World Tours (Thanks!)

One girl. Two guys. Who says three's a crowd? When Mandy takes an unusual summer job-in construction-she has to prove she's just one of the guys. But she gets more than she bargains for being the only girl on the job. The mixture of hot guys, sunscreen, raw wood and testosterone proves to be an elixir she can't protect her heart from. Brooding Boston and flirty AJ find themselves looking at Mandy as more than just a girl who holds a hammer. Mandy soon finds herself not only lost in a whirlwind of a male-dominated world, but also the center of an inadvertently "constructed" love triangle. Mandy must choose between two guys who want her heart. But what's a girl to do when she wants them both?

Mandy's always grown up on and around construction sites. Now that he's graduated high school, she finally gets the chance to work on a site over the summer. Her brother ends up being her boss, and Mandy is the only girl on site. Things are bound to get hot when Mandy's surrounded by very hot, very tan, very muscular guys. AJ's the older gentleman who's always flirting with her. Boston's more silent and mysterious, but still fun. Now Mandy just has to decide - but the problem is, she wants 'em both.

This is the third book I've read by Jennifer Laurens and it's definitely my favorite so far. I like Mandy, have been around construction sites all of my life, as my dad's a general contractor. Because of that, I was able to understand what was going on and I knew what floor joists were - I reckon not too many teenage girls have any idea what those are. Even if you don't understand all of that stuff, you'll still be able to enjoy the steamy romances.

Nailed was full of some awesome characters. Marc, Mandy's brother, was the typical argumentative, but teasing and protective brother. AJ was a flirt, Boston was silent but enticing. Larry wasn't involved in Mandy's love life, but you still heard plenty about his many girls. I think Larry had a bit of a woman addiction, if I do say so. Each character was different, but all had common goals and were fairly respectable. I liked Mandy because she was tough, witty, and stood up for herself.

The chemistry in Nailed was insane. It was sizzling off of the pages. Mandy's descriptions of the guys were quite wonderful, and it will definitely have you wishing for summer time and hot guys. Very enjoyable. I liked the premise of the love triangle, and I thought it was well played out. It seemed fairly realistic. Ms. Laurens has written yet another book that will hook readers and leave them wishing for a guy of their own.

Overall: Steamy. Awesome chemistry. Super fun characters. Fast plot.

My Advice: Buy a copy. It's fast and fun. Besides, it's paperback, so it won't cost much.

Cover: In my opinion, this is one of the better of Jennifer Laurens covers. It fits the story, and gets across the lightness of it. That girl's cleavage is just too much though.

*This was read as a part of the 100+ Reading Challenge

2 comments:

  1. I just added this one to my TBR list. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you've obviously really enjoyed it. Not sure it is my kind of thing though. Enthusiastic review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails