Saturday, March 27, 2010

In My Mailbox (32)

IMM is a weekly meme that explores the contents of one's mailbox. IMM was started by Kristi at The Story Siren. Descriptions are from Amazon and book covers.

For Review:
Jekel Loves Hyde
(ARC/Releases May 2010/Harcourt)

Jill Jekel has always obeyed her parents’ rules—especially the one about never opening the mysterious, old box in her father’s office. But when her dad is murdered, and her college savings disappear, she’s tempted to peek inside, as the contents might be the key to a lucrative chemistry scholarship.

To improve her odds, Jill enlists the help of gorgeous, brooding Tristen Hyde, who has his own dark secrets locked away. As the team of Jekel and Hyde, they recreate experiments based on the classic novel, hoping not only to win a prize, but to save Tristen’s sanity. Maybe his life. But Jill’s accidental taste of a formula unleashes her darkest nature and compels her to risk everything—even Tristen’s love—just for the thrill of being . . . bad.

I love the concept! Not the cover, however. I received this from Around The World Tours.


Paisley Hanover Kisses and Tells by Cameron Tuttle
(ARC/Releases July 2010/Dial)

My second novel about my unbelievably exciting and (yes) still profoundly embarassing life at Pleasant Hill High is here - almost. And you get this sneak peak. (Lucky!) If my friends knew I was telling all our secretsm they'd kiss me. And they should - I make them look really good and sound even smarter and funnier than they are. OMG. Did I just say that? I so totally did.

Rest assured that my life adds up to one unholy mess. Can I, Pailsey Hanover, pull off the biggest coup since my snarky alter ego turned the Pleasant Hill High hierarchy on its big fat head? Um, you bet I can.

I like this cover way more than the other version! I haven't read the first one though. Should I? Did you like the series? I've never been interested. But now I am... Thanks to Penguin for this surprise!


The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
(ARC/Releases August 2010/Razorbill)

Haven Moore can’t control her visions of a past with a boy called Ethan, and a life in New York that ended in fiery tragedy. In our present, she designs beautiful dresses for her classmates with her best friend Beau. Dressmaking keeps her sane, since she lives with her widowed and heartbroken mother in her tyrannical grandmother’s house in Snope City, a tiny town in Tennessee. Then an impossible group of coincidences conspire to force her to flee to New York, to discover who she is, and who she was.

In New York, Haven meets Iain Morrow and is swept into an epic love affair that feels both deeply fated and terribly dangerous. Iain is suspected of murdering a rock star and Haven wonders, could he have murdered her in a past life? She visits the Ouroboros Society and discovers a murky world of reincarnation that stretches across millennia. Haven must discover the secrets hidden in her past lives, and loves¸ before all is lost and the cycle begins again.

I was super excited to receive this - what a lovely surprise from Penguin. The concept drew me in right away. I think it sounds amazing. I picked it up again later in the day, already excited, and then I noticed it was by Kirsten Miller?!? One of my most favoritest authors in the world?!? The author of Kiki Strike?!?! Yeah, you get the point. This is the first time I've ever had a little fan girl dance/hop around. Wahoo!

I had a wonderful week! What about you?

11 comments:

  1. Jekel Loves Hyde sounds so good! Can't wait to read your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh... Jekel Loves Hyde!! I covet that one=)

    This is the first time I am hearing of The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller and I am liking the blurb!=)

    Thank you for sharing and enjoy!

    Here is mine:
    http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/03/in-my-mailbox-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sound of The Eternal Ones. I haven't read anything by Kirsten Miller but it sounds like I should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books! Jekel Loves Hyde looks so good! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jekel Loves Hyde sounds so good!

    My mailbox can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All 3 look good! My post will be up later today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome books! <3 penguin surprises!!!
    Hope u enjoy them*happy dancing 4 the eternal one* lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails