Monday, July 19, 2010

Interview: Sean McCartney, author of Secrets of the Magical Medallions

Please join me in welcoming Sean McCartney, author of Secrets of the Magical Medallions. Sean Paul McCartney (He’s not related to the Beatle) was born in 1971. He graduated from Alfred University in upstate New York with a Bachelor’s in Communications in 1993. From there he played two exciting season traveling around the world with the Washington Generals playing against the world famous Harlem Globetrotters. In 1996 Sean earned his Masters in Education and embarked on a career as a teacher. He is employed by Plain Local Schools in Canton, OH.

1. Please describe Secrets of the Magical Medallions in 50 words or less.
It is a fast paced, informative and exciting read. I consider it a cross between the mystery of the Hardy Boys with the action-adventure of Indiana Jones and National Treasure.

2. What inspired you to write Secrets...?
I wanted to create a series that I would have liked as a kid. The more I thought about it treasure hunting seemed perfect because anyone can do it. You don't need special powers. Also I saw a spot for this type of series. 39 Clues is ending. Percy Jackson has ended as well as Harry Potter and I think its time for a new series.

3. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?
I got the opportunity to travel around the world and play against the Harlem Globetrotters as a member of the Washington Generals. So I have been about everywhere but I would like to go to Australia. I think they have such a rich history and they seem to be having fun much of the time.

4. What is one of your favorite Middle Grade or Young Adult book?
In my younger days I really liked the Hardy Boys and The Chronicles of Narnia but currently I like the Percy Jackson series and I really enjoyed Harry Potter.

5. Are you working on anything at the moment? If so, please tell us a bit about it. I am working on the second Treasure Hunters Club book. I am not going to reveal too much though because its not fair to do that with a work in progress. Suffice to say the adventure takes the club out of state and after a most cherished lost treasure.

6. Any last words?
First off, to McKenzie, thank you for the interview. I am new to the publishing world and I really appreciate you taking the time. Second please take a moment to visit my website at http://www.treasurehuntersclubbook.com/ and get a better idea of the series. Lastly, and I won't beg, because begging isn't dignified, go buy a book or two. It's a good read.

Thanks so much for joining us Sean!

2 comments:

  1. His mother would be so proud! How different this would all be if she were here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails