Friday, July 16, 2010

Me: An Inquest!

Yes folks, it's that time. I've never told you much about myself, but here it is! I like to know bloggers personally, but I'm setting up quite the contradiction as I never tell you, my lovely readers, much about myself. So, to acquaint myself with all of you further, here I am.
Let's start with the basics:

Name: McKenzie
Age: 16
Birthday: September 29th
Eye Color: Brown/Hazel
Hair Color: Brown
Height: Almost 5'8", just a bit under

Now, for the specifics. I'm going to share a few interesting tidbits that I hope you enjoy and that I hope give you a glimpse into my life.

1. I live in a very small town of about 4,000 people. But I live 20 minutes away from a city of about 150,000 people - the perfect size for me - where I spend the majority of my time. I live in a rural area. I live by the woods, on a cute little hill, with my mom, dad, and sheep. Our sheep don't really do anything besides eat down the grass. They're just there. So no, I don't get up early to feed them or anything.

These aren't specifically my sheep; it's just a general picture. But that's exactly what they look like. Cute, huh? I go to the fair every year and pass out ribbons to the sheep show-ers. Basically, some of my family runs the sheep section of the fair, and people bring their best sheep and have them judged. You win money, which is the incentive. And I pass out the ribbons. Yes, it makes me laugh too.

2. I'm a rather contradictory person. I love hanging out with my friends, but I also really enjoy being alone. I'm serious, but I'm goofy. I'm lazy, but I love sports. I like having plans, but I love spontaneity. It's all really back and forth. I once had to take a personality test for school, and when I finished it literally told me I had no personality and that I had to retake the test and talk to a guidance counselor. As you can imagine, I wasn't going to waste another 40 minutes or talk to a counselor when I knew I had a personality. I guess I really am just that split in half. Please people, understand that I'm not a no-personality-weirdo. I didn't expect computer programs to read my personality anyways.

(Sorry, had to cross out my school's name. It seemed safe.)

3. I'm completely OCD about some things. All items on my desk or table or whatever it is have to be in straight lines and line up. I can't have things thrown around. My biggest OCD tendency is that f I experience something on one side of my body, I have to experience it on the other side. For example, if I touch the edge of a desk with my right hand, I have to touch the edge of the same desk with my left hand. No one really notices and neither do I because it's just routine. I feel unequal if I don't.

4. I like to think I'm a pretty good kid. I don't any of those things that are common in Young Adult books. I've don't party, drink, do drugs, etc. You would find me either reading, bowling, watching movies, or any number of things before I did any of that. My friends and I do average, fun teenager things. We have scary movie marathons, jump on trampoline, go on impromptu bike rides, and go out to eat. I don't want to waste my time with things that will mess me up. I want to have a good life when I'm older. I study hard, take Honors/AP classes, volunteer, and play sports, and have lots of common sense. A little secret: I've gotten straight A's since kindergarten. I'm going to be a junior next year, by the way. I think all of these things show what kind of person I am. People say I'm book smart and people smart. I'm completely happy with myself, and I think that's the most important thing. I wouldn't change.

(Yes, I'm sitting on Santa's lap. A couple friends and I take a picture with Santa every year and we stand/sit in the exact same positions so that we can see how we change over the years. It's pretty cool. I cut them out though, for privacy's sake. And no, I have no idea why all of the pictures I have look like they're from the '70s.)

5. I love learning about the unknown, be it outer space, the deep sea, or ancient civilizations. I think it's fascinating that there are so many things that we can't comprehend or fully understand. I like mysteries. The Lochness monster, Big Foot, Chupacabra. Are they real?! I don't know, but it's fun to believe. I love conspiracy theories. How cool would it be if those crazy theories were true? You know what fascinates me? The universe is continually growing. But what does space grow into? More...space? Isn't that interesting! As you might be able to tell, I love to learn, and I think I'll always be that sort of person.

Well, I hope this has given you a better idea of who I am, or at least what I look like. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I guess that if you have any more questions, you can comment or email me. Adios!

10 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love learning about my fellow bloggers as well, and you sound fun and interesting. Enjoy your last couple years of high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHEEP! Lol, it was cool getting to learn a little more about the person behind the blog. I also love conspiracy theories and generally get shushed about it. Apparently no one wants to hear about zombies in the White House...

    Anyway, it was nice learning about you and you're beautiful!! (;

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You honestly sound like my twin! Except a lot taller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Badgering worked. :) I loved learning more about you and may have to borrow (with proper credits given) this idea for my blog in the near future. Also love the pictures: you're gorgeous! Thanks so much for this, McKenzie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celi.a - Thanks. I'll make them my best yet.

    Cara - haha! I love theories. Feel free to shot 'em my way. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bkobsessed17 - Crazy! And my faovrite number's 17. Based on your profile name, I garner it might be yours as well.

    Steph - Badgering really did work. :] Feel free to borrow. I think I'll be doing more of these kinds of posts in the future - I'll keep you tuned in. You're too kind; thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love learning about the unknown, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Found your blog just hopping around...great blog here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool. It was great to see your face and find out all these extra things about you. It was so great that you shared :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails