Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Update 2


My second Read-a-Thon day went really well! I read for about 5.5 hours. Last night, Day 1, I started Not Ordinarily Borrowable by Thomas Thurman. I finished that this morning. It only took me about an hour total to read it. Next I started on The Turning: What Curiosity Kills by Helen Ellis. I really ended up liking that one. It wasn't that long, so it only took me a couple of hours. I spent the majority of my reading time starting Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I'm about 1/4 of the way through, and it's fine so far. I've heard it doesn't really pick up 'til later, so I look forward to that. I'll be starting White Cat by Holly Black tomorrow instead of starting with Before I Fall because I remembered White Cat was for a tour!

My reading options for tomorrow are:
White Cat by Holly Black
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
Winter Longing by Tricia Mills

My Mini Challenge Entries:

1. Hosted by Lauren at Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf
Lauren asked us to pick our favorite book we've read during the read-a-thon and write a short review for it.

I really enjoyed Zillah's Gift by Lois West Duffy. I was surprised at the connection I felt towards Zillah, as the novella was only 120 pages long. Duffy created a rich and unique setting, unlike any I've encountered before. Even if you're not religious, this is still a great book to pick up, especially for middle grade readers.

2. Hosted by Jessica at Confessions of a Bookaholic
Jessica has asked us to answer the following questions:

1. Tell me what makes you the most emotional when you read it in a book.
I get really emotional when a main character or their love interest is dying, or when a couple is absolutely perfect for each other, but can't be together.

2. What book has made you the most emotional?
It would have to be Dear John, Forbidden, or Sing Me To Sleep.

3. Hosted by Cynthia at A Blog About Nothing
Cynthia asks us to tell her which book we would love made into a movie, and who we would want to play the main role(s).

I would love to see A Northern Light turned into a movie. I think Emma Watson would make a great Mattie.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on White Cat! Also, I get emotional about the same things in books, couples always get me.

    Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. im a sucker for emotions i blubber up at happiness too

    good luck with the remainding read a thon
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails