Monday, July 12, 2010

Read-a-Thon Update 1

I'm quite happy with my progress so far! I have put in right around 5 hours of reading, and I've managed to finish two books - Zillah's Gift by Lois West Duff and Three Rivers Rising by Jame Richards, both of which I really ended up enjoying.

My only problem is what to read next. Here are some of my options:

Not Ordinarily Borrowable by Thomas Thurman
Winter Longing by Tricia Mills

Any ideas? I think I'll start with Not Ordinarily Borrowable first because it's (a) the book I've had for review the longest, (b) very short, and (c) has very large print. So, basically, I should be able to breeze through it. Any other thoughts on which book I should read next?

My Mini Challenge Entries:

1. Hosted by Jenn at Book Crazy
Jenn asked us to pick an image or song that matched our favorite book.

My favorite book is A Northern Light...

...and I choose this image because a large portion of the novel takes place in a cute, lakeside inn. This is somewhat how I imagine it to look.

2. Hosted by Kate at I Just Wanna Sit Here and Read!
Kate asked us to connect a chapter of our current read to a song.

I am choosing Three Rivers Rising. While it doesn't have chapters, per se, there are many sections. I, therefore, am choosing the section that describes the flood hitting Johnstown and the surrounding areas.

The song I choose is Breakdown by Jack Johnson. I think that if the residents knew what was coming, they would want time to stop - or breakdown - so that they could have more time with their family. One of the lines is "Then I could take a walk around/And, see what there is to see." And think this perfectly describes what the citizens would do if they could have had one last chance - look around their town and homes, taking it all in before it got swept away.

3. Hosted by the family at The Eager Readers
They have asked us to post about (a) our favorite fictional couples and (b) a crossover couple we would love to see.

Favorite Fictional Couples:
Ron and Hermoine from Harry Potter
Lochan and Maya in Forbidden
Nora and Patch in Hush, Hush

A Couple Crossover I Would Like To See:
Mattie from A Northern Light and Lochan from Forbidden

Both are highly intelligent and devoted. I believe they would suit each other well.

That's how I'm doing for Day 1 of my first ever Read-a-Thon! If I get more reading done after this post, I will include it in tomorrow's.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for signing up for the read-a-thon!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for participating in our Favorite Fictional Couple mini challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails