Sunday, August 15, 2010

In My Mailbox (48)

IMM is a weekly meme that explores the contents of one's mailbox. IMM was started by Kristi at The Story Siren. Descriptions are from Goodreads.

For Review:

The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
(ARC/Releases September 2010/Razorbill)

Mackie Doyle seems like everyone else in the perfect little town of Gentry, but he is living with a fatal secret - he is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now the creatures under the hill want him back, and Mackie must decide where he really belongs and what he really wants.

A month ago, Mackie might have told them to buzz off. But now, with a budding relationship with tough, wounded, beautiful Tate, Mackie has too much to lose. Will love finally make him worthy of the human world?

I received this from Around The World Tours. I'm reading it right now and enjoying it quite a bit.

Fledgling: Jason Steed by Mark A. Cooper
(ARC/Releases September 2010/Sourcebooks Jabberwocky)

Jason Steed is looking for a place to call home. He finds what he's looking for in the Sea Cadets - an elite group of British youngsters being groomed for lifelong service in the military. But when a routine training exercise goes awry, Jason finds himself in the middle of a secret mission. The future of the world hangs in the balance...and Jason might be the only one who can save it.

This isn't my normal read, but I'm actually very excited to pick it up!

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
(PB/August 2009/Harlequin Teen)

She doesn't see dead people, but…

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…

I received this for review from the Harlequin Teen panel which I love! I've been wanting to read this book for a long time, so I'm excited to finally own it.

Swapped:
Jumping Off Swings by Jo Knowles

I had a good week! How about you?

5 comments:

  1. I love the sound of Fledgling! I enjoy books that involve that sort of military/training idea behind them, and I like the cover for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on The Replacement and Jumping Off Swings. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant books! I'm so looking forward to your review of The Replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I just finished THE REPLACEMENT, so I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails