Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm participating in the Banned Books Reading Challenge!


The lovely Steph of Steph Su Reads has issued a Banned Books Reading Challenge, and I plan on taking part! You can read more about it and sign up here. This is my main post, in which I will be outlining my goals and linking to reviews.

Often times I find myself recommending book to certain age groups based on their content, but who am I to judge? I look forward to break boundaries and defying those who think they can control me. Bring on those oh so bad banned books.

My goal is to read at least 2 banned or challenged books. I'm starting out small, but maybe I'll read more. I would like to check out:

Crank by Ellen Hopkins
The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
Olive's Ocean by Kevin Henkes

3 comments:

  1. The Bermudez Triangle is an amazing book! And we'll both be reading Crank for this challenge. I can't wait! Thanks SO much for participating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Identical by Ellen Hopkins right now - had yet to check her out - loving it thus far! The only one on your list that I've read is Olive's Ocean which I thought was nice - not sure why this one would be challenged except that it admits to the fact that sometimes kids die (scandalous).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Em, I don't know why Olive's Ocean is on the banned list. I hope you'll enjoy the others.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails