About Crash Into Me:
Owen, Frank, Audrey, and Jin-Ae have one thing in common: they all want to die. When they meet online after each attempts suicide and fails, the four teens make a deadly pact: they will escape together on a summer road trip to visit the sites of celebrity suicides...and at their final destination, they will all end their lives. As they drive cross-country, bonding over their dark impulses, sharing their deepest secrets and desires, living it up, hooking up, and becoming true friends, each must decide whether life is worth living--or if there's no turning back.
Throughout the book, Owen makes lists, and below is one of them.
Top Ten Ways to Kill Yourself on Television:
1. Blind-folded Execution
2. Skate into a bus
3. Tied on train tracks dressed like Barney Rubble
4. Walk the plank on a Pirate Ship
5. Wear a fish suit in a shark tank
6. Samurai Sword Fight with balloon guns
7. Soak yourself in gasoline and hold a burning candle
8. Drive off the top of a parking garage in an Ice Cream Truck
9. Catapult into the side of a Mountain
10. Sky-dive without a parachute onto a trampoline
*copyrighted by Albert Borris
For more info on Albert and suicide prevention visit his website here.
And now, for the best part! I am happy to announce that I have one copy of Crash Into Me to give away thanks to Albert. Please see the details below.
- Contest will run until Sunday, November 20th, 2010
- Open to the US only
- Enter here